Jumaat, 18 September 2009

And he landed on my chest...

I guess when you are so close to nature, nature will tend to get friendly. I was home for raya and was enjoying my privilege of waking up late when i felt a gust of gentle wind on my face and then a gentle thud of something landing on my chest. Now, growing up in a FELDA settlement, when things like this happens to you, instinct tells you to run and screams for your mom, exactly what I did after that, which was really stupid because what landed on my chest was a cute, black bird.

I dont know where this little fella comes from but it was thin, when I grab it, I can really feels its bone underneath those feathers, so been a good Samaritan that I was, the proper things to do is to feed it.

I think this one belong to someone. It is tradition among us who keep birds to let them go during Ramadhan, they fly back to their cages at the end of the day anyway. But, judging by the state of this one, I am pretty sure the owner has not been a good bird keeper, so there is no hurrying to return to your cage birdie!

Judging by the way it folds its wings, I am sure this is a really young bird, maybe stolen from their nest just after hatching, the same way many birds use to end up in cages in my kampung (I know because I used to do that a lot when I was a kid). 

What I got to say about this is, go ahead if you want to keep a bird, just make sure it always happy


Tiada ulasan: