Jumaat, 27 Februari 2009

The coffe memory (concerning Ayoh)


One of my childhood memories of my beloved dad, or Ayoh as I warmly call him is of cup of coffe in kedai kopi in the afternoon. After zohor prayer, he took me out on his kapchai to the kedai kopi. I remember the that the cup will always have a saucer with it, and a small spoon. What Ayoh did was first stir the kopi and the milk together and tasting it, making sure it have just the right amount of sweetness. Satisfied, he pour some of the sweet liquid into the saucer and blow it to cold. The one with saucer is mine and then I sat patiently waiting for it to get cold, as Ayoh drank the remaining kopi in the cup. When it is cold enough then I have my go. We will then talk about my education or whatever that crosses our mind, but mainly it concerned me. I remember then the coffe in the saucer taste so sweet, especially with Ayoh to enjoyed it. I was so much his darling little angel back then and I think I still am, whenever he spoke to me, I can see the little child in me smiling, especially in phone coversation at the end of the month, asking for pocket money.

Tiada ulasan: