Jumaat, 27 Februari 2009

How little we speak in their language

It was 1.00 pm on friday and being a devoted muslim that I am, I was on my way to the Mosque for Friday Prayer. Just finished a discussion at the faculty and because I have another class at 3 pm, I did not go back to Cemara and change. Biasanya kalau nak gi friday prayer mesti pakai baju melayu hensem2 n sembur perfume sampai penghuni akasia boleh bau, tapi malas lah nak balik Cemara then Datang balik faculty, just pray at the nearest mosque lah. On my way there were this two guys walking in front of me, they converse in sign language. Being a student of language, I cant help but fascinated by the silenceness of their conversation. My sojourn in the quietness was interrupted in a form of three kids. Upon seeing the two men in front of me they were like running in excitement, you know, screaming and pointing like the ice - cream man is coming. Then the kids started to called the men with names (the kind that will hurt if I write it here) eventhough the two guys cant hear the kids, I think they knew, because they started to exchange looks. One of the kids kinda ask question to them and one of the guy answered (in sign language) and the kid told this to his friend "die paham kite cakap la". It struck me to extreme repulsiveness because it suggest that they (the one blessed with the ability to hear and speak) are differrent (its like, two species kinda different) compared to them (the one who are tested with not having the ability to speak or hear and thus making them stronger, in my opinion).

Tiada ulasan: